Thinking with Type, 2nd revised and expanded edition: A Critical Guide for Designers, Writers, Editors, & Students
This revised edition includes forty-eight pages of new content with the latest information on:
• style sheets for print and the web
• the use of ornaments and captions
• lining and non-lining numerals
• the use of small caps and enlarged capitals
• mixing typefaces
• font formats and font licensing
Plus, new eye-opening demonstrations of basic typography design with letters, helpful exercises, and dozens of additional illustrations.
Thinking with Type is the typography book for everyone: designers, writers, editors, students, and anyone else who works with words. If you love font and lettering books, Ellen Lupton's guide reveals the way typefaces are constructed and how to use them most effectively.